Email Contact

.

Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tourney Time!

Cool
Olleh.  With all due respect to the Super Bowl, the NCAA tourney is the best sporting event of the year.  Think of it this way... the Super Bowl is like the main course of a fine steak dinner.  The tourney is the whole thing and a bottle of red.  Three weeks versus one day.  Selection Sunday.  Conference tournaments.  Sure, you could argue the NFL playoffs are the equivalent, but then you'd have a good point have a different opinion than me, and that's just not cool.

In honor of the seeds and rankings, figured we'd bring some random lists to you, instead of the stereotypical tourney breakdown.  And, to be honest, I'm just to lazy to try and jam a whole post in between Selection Sunday and that Thursday tip.  And yes, it starts Thursday.

I just spent 10 minutes trying to find a creative way to say "here is a bunch of random Top 5 lists I randomly picked over a couple beers and NBA Thursday," along with my "tourney lists."  That sentence was the best I had.  Yeah.  Soooooo... my bad.  Did I mention my buddy back home just had a new baby girl last week?  All are happy, healthy, and well.  So there's that.  Okay.  I'm done now.

Top 5 Favorite Sports Teams


No home games for me this year... 
1.  Detroit Tigers
2.  University of Michigan - football, basketball, hockey, squash
3.  Detroit Red Wings
4.  Detroit Pistons
5.  Army Football and Philadelphia Phillies (tie)

Notice I didn't include any NFL teams... its a long, I have no idea who to be loyal to anymore story that will probably earn its own post during the dog days of baseball season.

Top 5 Hated Sports Teams

1.  The NY Y*****s
2.  Notre Dame football
3.  Ohio State
4.  Dallas Cowboys
5.  L.A. Lakers

Top 5 Double Digit seed upsets

1.  Bucknell
2.  South Dakota State
3.  Northwestern St.
4.  Middle Tennessee St./St. Mary's winner (stupid moneygrab play-in NCAA...)
5.  Western Kentucky - its gotta happen some time...

Or, honestly, all of them
Top 5 Beers All Time

1.  Bells Oberon
2.  Founders Breakfast Stout
3.  Bells Two Hearted Ale
4.  Dogfish Head 120 IPA
5.  Allagash Black - Belgian Style Stout

Honorable Mention - Stone Ruination IPA, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Flying Fish Raging Bitch, Yards Saison

Good idea - Meet up with the cuz to share a 120 IPA chased by a Bells Two Hearted on a nice fall night on his back porch

Great idea - live 4 miles from the cuz after drinking said beers

Top 5 Craft Beers to hook you on Craft Beer

1.  Stone Ruination IPA
2.  Founders Breakfast Stout
3.  Allagash White - she'll always have a special place in my heart, aka, LB first beer love
4.  Victory Hop Devil
5.  Sierra Nevada Porter, Stone Arrogant Bastard, Rogue Dead Guy Ale (tie).  Yes, "tie" is my excuse to have whatever number I want.  It's my blog.  So there.  Did I mention I have a toddler?

Top 5 Most Overrated Bands

1.  Coldplay
2.  Mumford and Sons
3.  Creed
4.  Foo Fighters
5.  Van Halen - yeah, I said it

What else do you want me to say?
Top 5 Most Overrated TV Shows

1.  Friends
2-5.  Everyone else who is also overrated

Top 5 Teams Likely to Make the Final Four

1.  Ohio State
2.  Indiana
3.  Duke
4.  VCU
5.  Miami

To save the critical emails pointing out that there's only FOUR teams in the Final Four, that's my Final Four, with my most likely upset included.  So keep reading and don't hit send yet, mister.

Top 5 Random Teams that could Easily Make the Final Four (aka RTTCEMTFF teams)

1.  Oklahoma State.
2.  VCU (see below...)
3.  New Mexico
4.  St. Louis
5.  Creigton
6.  Bucknell
7.  NC State

Top 5 Things Likely to come out of the Wife's mouth when Michigan inevitably loses in the 2nd Round

Editor's Note - The wife actually confirmed all of these, though she had a more choice word for Robinson, then noted, with a twinge of hope, "he's playing better lately..."  She also agreed with the 2nd Round demise, which we predicted before the brackets came out, and only looks more likely now. We also worked on a list of "Top 5 Random Athletes she loves" list, but didn't quite hit all 5.  Mike Bibby is her #1, though neither of us quite know why.  What were we talking about?  Oh yeah.

1.  F**k you, Mich!
2.  Why do we even have Glenn Robinson?  (legit question)
3.  We suck
4.  Why can't we get a rebound (also a legit question)
5.  I'm going to bed

And so am I, after I finish that beer and post this...

Hooah!!!
MLB preview forthcoming, except this time, we're going serious with thoughts on the state of the city of Detroit brought to you in conjunction with guest speakers Fah T and Mojo.  Didn't that sound all professional?  Contact Logical Betting at logicalbetting@gmail.com and twitter.com/logicalbetting.  Hasta.

1 comments:

lavautem said...

Glad to see the Irish as #2 most hated. Hoping that me move to #1 most hated when we make the national championship game next year. #GoIrish

Post a Comment