Email Contact

.

Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

No Excuses - NFL Playoff Locks, Week 2

Stay classy, my friends.

If you follow my Twitter, then you definitely heard the story about three Flyers fans beating a Rangers fan unconscious after the Winter Classic last week.  Oh, and did I mention that he was an Iraq war vet who, video shows, held his hands up in an attempt to avoid the fight?
I only mention this story again to piss off Philly sports fans because it's a perfect example and segway for me to make excuses why I (only) went 3-1 last week, and 2-1 on my locks.







People need to own their shit.  Seriously.  I truly do believe that Philly sports fans get a bad rap.  Yeah, they booed Santa, cheered Michael Irvin having his leg broken... whatever.  What non-Dallas fan wasn't cheering Irvin breaking his leg?  And isn't booing Santa kinda funny?  Besides, they didn't beat a man nearly dead after a meaningless April baseball game, like the gang-bangers who attend LA Dodgers games did last spring.

Philly fans are definitely a passionate, and "non-hospitable" fan base.  And they deserve the reputation.  You can't do shit like vomit on an 11 year old girl at a Phillies game and beat an Iraq War veteran in the same year and expect your reputation to change.  Don't get me wrong, Philly sports fans aren't the worst.  L.A. Dodgers fans and Raiders fans are easily worse, and that's just what I got off the top of my head.  Hell, I've gone to Tigers games here in Tigers gear and been fine (other than my friends yelling "asshole" at me on the walk to the stadium).  I'm just saying, if you don't want the media to overdo this stuff, then don't do it.


It's okay, son, I forgive you.  Thanks, Jesus.

That's why I'm owning my missed lock on the Steelers last week.  I completely ignored a cardinal LB rule - if the line seems weird, bet the other way.  I thought the Steelers should be a 10 point favorite, easily.  The game ended around 8 points.  That spells Broncos.  That game also made me consider a new rule for LB, the gambling service:  Never bet against a team if the Lord has a rooting interest.  Seriously.  My bad, Jesus.  Honestly considering a return to confession after a 17 year or so hiatus.

So unlike Philly sports fans, every celebrity that ever got arrested and all of the sudden went to rehab, and Evangelical ministers who somehow ended up in a hotel room with a bunch of crystal meth and a male prostitute, I'm owning my decisions.  Sorry, LB readers and/or gamblers.  I probably won't ever make the same mistake again.  On to the picks.

NFC

New Orleans (-3.5) at San Francisco - I still think New Orleans is the best team in the league, and last week didn't change my mind.  LB rule in play - San Francisco is a bad good team... I think?  Are they an enigma?  Are they actually good?  I know this... that line is WAY too short.  I thought this would be Saints by about 6.  Scares the hell out of me and any smart gambler.  Seems too easy, right?  It is a long flight, in a dump of a stadium with a good crowd... LB says - Not calling this a lock yet.  But check my Twitter, I think I might change my mind and take the bait.  Score - New Orleans 28, San Francisco 20.

NY Giants at Green Bay (-8) - The Giants are impossible to predict.  Usually they have to give an extra point or so cause NYC bets on them, so call this 9 in my mind.  That line seems about right to me.  The Giants have the right team to make a run at the Pack.  Pressure with the front four, can keep up on the scoreboard.  Green Bay has seemed bored for awhile.  I think this is close for awhile, and Green Bay hits the gas.  Great season for Eli, though.  Gag me.  LB says - Bet the Packers.  Like them here.  Score - Green Bay 38, NY Giants 24.

AFC

Houston at Baltimore (-8.5) - You know, the Texans might actually be good, even without Schaub.  Good defense, great running game... the Ravens are... an NFL football team Art Modell stole from Cleveland.  They can probably beat and lose to anyone.  I really like this Ravens team, but can't you just see them trying to throw too much, the Texans running the ball alot, and keeping this close?  I can.  Line screams Ravens, though.  LB says - Don't bet it, not worth the risk.  If you must, take the Ravens.  Score - Baltimore 23, Houston 20.

Denver at New England (-13.5) - No way.  No way.  No way.  Line seems good.  New England might will light up that defense.  Denver traveling across the country for a Saturday night game, Brady/Belichick two weeks to prepare.  Tebow really isn't that good, for real.  No way.  No way.  No Way.  Right?  LB says - Bet the Pats.  Hard.  *Gritting my teeth*  *Laughing at Vegas/my cousin in law*  LB's got this.  Score - New England 34, Denver 14.  If all else fails...

Mother Teresa - Patriots fan?

Contact Logical Betting at logicalbetting@gmail.com and twitter.com/logicalbetting.



0 comments:

Post a Comment